2015年4月18日星期六

【網絡】Saved From Going Bankrupt by Andy Lau

日期: 2015年4月18日
來源: Jayne Stars

Andy Lau Saved Dicky Cheung From Going Bankrupt

The dramatic ups and downs in Dicky Cheung’s (張衛健) career cannot be easily forgotten. The 50-year-old actor is perhaps best known for his role as the Monkey King in TVB’s television adaptation of Journey to the West <西遊記>, but little do people know that Dicky’s entry to the entertainment industry was through a singing competition.

Ironically, it was Dicky’s acting career that jumpstarted his singing career. After shooting to fame in the 1991 TVB comedy drama One Step Beyond <老友鬼鬼>, he released his debut album Real or Fake <真真假假> and topped music charts. In 1996, he starred in yet another popular television drama, Journey to the West, which pushed his fame in worldwide Chinese markets.


Though his acting career was going well, his singing career failed to pan out. While many of his peers became successful singers, Dicky struggled to release an album. Dicky, however, never blamed his company for neglecting him.

He admitted, “I know how far my abilities can go. I’m not good at singing nor dancing, and I can’t compose music. Why should the company me?”

In addition to a stump in his singing career, Dicky experienced a financial shock. Hit by the 1997 Asian financial crisis, Dicky lost a lot of money and almost had to file for bankruptcy. Fortunately, Dicky had help in his struggle. “Andy Lau (劉德華) cast me in one of his films. He also lent me money. I am very thankful, even to this day.”

Having experienced many high peaks and low valleys in his career, Dicky surrounded himself with positive energy and supportive friends, whom helped him to not give up.

“In my best times, I was offered at least one movie a day. I was guaranteed a spot. In my worst times, I had no job at all. I’ve learned that you should work your hardest no matter what. Only then will you get results. You need to continuously train yourself, and encourage yourself to improve, so you will be ready for every challenge.”

沒有留言:

發佈留言